2009年5月25日月曜日

Keiji Suzuki


I watched documentary TV program which introducing Keiji Suzuki's current life and thought after the Beijing Olympic. Suzuki is a Japanese Judo player and a gold medalist in Judo over 100kg at the Athene Olympic in 2004. When he participated in the Beijing Olympic last year, he was expected to win the second gold medal and played a role as captain of Japanese team. However, he lost at first-round and failed to get a medal. After he returned to Japan, he was criticized and said that he must have retired. I have not known what he was doing now and how he was thinking about his future career. I could not imagine the life of champion who scrape bottom.
Though its TV program, I found that he decided to continue playing Judo and started to training for the next London Olympic. However, it is not easy for him, because many young players are getting stronger and he get out of shape.

After I watched his good personality, honest attribute and his strong effort to overcome his weakness, I became a fun of Suzuki. I hope that he make a strong comeback!

His blog is below, but it is written in Japanese.
http://ameblo.jp/suzukikeiji/

Wikipedia in English
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keiji_Suzuki

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿